Capital goods stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.2% higher, the Nasdaq rose 1.4% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Vulcan Materials Company (VMC): VMC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Barnes Group (B): B stock is up 1.4% today.
- Armstrong World Industries Inc (AWI): AWI stock is up 1.4% today.
- NCI Building Systems (NCS): NCS stock is up 1.1% today.
- Apogee Enterprises (APOG): APOG stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is up 0.8% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is up 0.7% today.
- Elbit Systems Ltd (ESLT): ESLT stock is up 0.7% today.
- Lennox International (LII): LII stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- KBR Inc (KBR): KBR stock is down 1.4% today.
- BE Aerospace (BEAV): BEAV stock is down 1.0% today.
- Boeing Company (BA): BA stock is down 1.0% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is down 1.0% today.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is down 1.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- United Technologies Corp (UTX): UTX stock is down 0.9% today.
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings Inc (WAIR): WAIR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Lincoln Electric Holdings (LECO): LECO stock is down 0.9% today.
- Harsco Corp (HSC): HSC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Moog Inc (MOG.A): MOG.A stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.