Energy stocks advanced 0.5% on Wall Street so far on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq fell 0.4% and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is up 3.2% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 3.0% today.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is up 2.3% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 3.0% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is up 1.7% today.
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is up 3.4% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 2.7% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 2.1% today.
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): SWN stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- National-Oilwell (NOV): NOV stock is down 6.0% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 3.2% today.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is down 2.3% today.
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP): CEQP stock is down 1.6% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is down 1.7% today.
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is down 1.1% today.
- Cameron International Corp (CAM): CAM stock is down 0.7% today.
- Oceaneering International (OII): OII stock is down 0.7% today.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.