Energy stocks advanced 0.9% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq was steady and the S&P 500 declined 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Cameron International Corp (CAM): CAM stock is up 4.6% today.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB): CLB stock is up 6.2% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 3.8% today.
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is up 3.7% today.
- Eqt Corp (EQT): EQT stock is up 3.5% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is up 3.7% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 3.6% today.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is up 3.0% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 2.1% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is down 4.6% today.
- Peabody Energy Corp (BTU): BTU stock is down 2.9% today.
- Tesoro Petroleum Corp (TSO): TSO stock is down 3.4% today.
- Oceaneering International (OII): OII stock is down 3.7% today.
- Breitburn Energy Partners L.P. (BBEP): BBEP stock is down 2.7% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is down 1.9% today.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is down 0.6% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is down 0.3% today.
- Rose Rock Midstream L.P. (RRMS): RRMS stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.