Energy stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq declined 0.1% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is up 2.8% today on 6 times normal volume.
- Rose Rock Midstream L.P. (RRMS): RRMS stock is up 2.4% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 2.0% today and up 39.8% in the last month.
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is up 2.0% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B): RDS.B stock is up 1.6% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is up 1.6% today.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is up 1.4% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is up 1.3% today.
- Breitburn Energy Partners L.P. (BBEP): BBEP stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is down 4.0% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is down 3.9% today.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is down 3.4% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is down 3.3% today.
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is down 2.9% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is down 2.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is down 2.7% today.
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is down 2.5% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is down 2.5% today.
- Helmerich & Payne (HP): HP stock is down 2.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.