Energy stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.7% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 rose 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is up 8.8% today and up 29.9% in the last month.
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is up 7.8% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is up 7.7% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is up 6.7% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is up 6.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is up 6.2% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is up 6.1% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is up 5.8% today.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is up 5.6% today.
- Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGH): PGH stock is up 5.6% today and up 22.3% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 1.0% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Enbridge Energy Management Llc (EEQ): EEQ stock is down 0.7% today.
- Eqt Corp (EQT): EQT stock is down 0.5% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.