Energy stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 2.8% today and up 33.6% in the last month.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 2.8% today and up 36.0% in the last month.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is up 2.2% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is up 2.2% today.
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is up 2.0% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is up 1.8% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 1.8% today.
- Oceaneering International (OII): OII stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sunoco Logistics Partners LP (SXL): SXL stock is up 1.7% today.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 1.8% today.
- Hanwha Q Cells Co. Ltd (HQCL): HQCL stock is down 1.6% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 1.5% today.
- Ross Group Plc (RGP): RGP stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is down 1.4% today.
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is down 1.3% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD): PXD stock is down 1.2% today.
- Helmerich & Payne (HP): HP stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.