Energy stocks finished up 1.8% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.2%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 increased 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Sandridge Energy Inc (SD): SD stock is up 8.9% today.
- Pacific Drilling S.A. (PACD): PACD stock is up 7.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Baytex Energy Corp (BTE): BTE stock is up 5.4% today.
- Helmerich & Payne (HP): HP stock is up 5.1% today.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is up 4.8% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 4.6% today and up 26.4% in the last month.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 4.5% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 4.2% today.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is up 4.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Ngl Energy Partners LP (NGL): NGL stock is down 1.4% today.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is down 1.3% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is down 0.6% today.
- Amerigas Partners L.P. (APU): APU stock is down 0.6% today.
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.