Energy stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 2.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.4%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 rose 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is up 10.1% today and up 49.0% in the last month.
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP): CEQP stock is up 9.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Camac Energy Inc (CAK): CAK stock is up 9.8% today and up 66.7% in the last month.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 8.3% today and up 40.2% in the last month.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 7.5% today and up 37.1% in the last month.
- Flotek Industries (FTK): FTK stock is up 7.0% today and up 25.4% in the last month.
- Stone Energy Corp (SGY): SGY stock is up 6.9% today and up 28.5% in the last month.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is up 6.7% today.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is up 6.5% today and up 27.9% in the last month.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is up 6.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Breitburn Energy Partners L.P. (BBEP): BBEP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Hanwha Q Cells Co. Ltd (HQCL): HQCL stock is down 0.5% today.
- World Fuel Services Corp (INT): INT stock is down 0.2% today.
- BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust (BPT): BPT stock is down 0.2% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.