Financial stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.8% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Credit Acceptance Corp (CACC): CACC stock is up 3.1% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is up 2.5% today.
- T. Rowe Price Group (TROW): TROW stock is up 2.0% today.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is up 1.9% today.
- Everest Re Group (RE): RE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is up 1.7% today.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is up 1.6% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 1.6% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is up 1.6% today on 7 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is down 2.1% today.
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is down 1.3% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is down 1.2% today.
- Apollo Investment Corp (AINV): AINV stock is down 1.1% today.
- Bofi Holding (BOFI): BOFI stock is down 1.1% today.
- First Niagara Financial Group Inc (FNFG): FNFG stock is down 1.0% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is down 1.0% today.
- Health Net Inc (HNT): HNT stock is down 0.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- UBS Ag Ordinary Shares When Iss (UBS): UBS stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.