Financial stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.4%, the Nasdaq rose 0.6% and the S&P 500 increased 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CM): CM stock is up 2.8% today.
- Prosperity Bancshares (PB): PB stock is up 2.7% today.
- Iberiabank Corp (IBKC): IBKC stock is up 2.6% today.
- Royal Bank of Canada (RY): RY stock is up 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Toronto Dominion Bank (TD): TD stock is up 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is up 2.5% today.
- Primerica Inc (PRI): PRI stock is up 2.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- First Financial Bankshares (FFIN): FFIN stock is up 2.3% today.
- Privatebancorp (PVTB): PVTB stock is up 2.3% today.
- MB Financial Inc (MBFI): MBFI stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- First Cash Financial Services (FCFS): FCFS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Bank of America Corp (BAC): BAC stock is down 1.1% today.
- Aspen Insurance Holdings (AHL): AHL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Radian Group Inc (RDN): RDN stock is down 1.1% today.
- Mercury General Corp (MCY): MCY stock is down 1.0% today.
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is down 1.0% today.
- General Electric Company (GE): GE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Allied World Assurance Company (AWH): AWH stock is down 0.9% today.
- Fidelity National Financial (FNF): FNF stock is down 0.9% today.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is down 0.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.