Financial stocks fell on Wall Street on Friday morning, down 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.0%, the Nasdaq fell 1.3% and the S&P 500 was down 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Hudson City Bancorp (HCBK): HCBK stock is up 4.1% today.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is up 1.3% today.
- Comerica Inc (CMA): CMA stock is up 1.4% today.
- General Electric Company (GE): GE stock is up 1.0% today.
- First Financial Bankshares (FFIN): FFIN stock is up 0.8% today.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is up 0.6% today.
- First Republic Bank (FRC): FRC stock is up 0.6% today.
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is up 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Union First Market Bankshares Corp (UBSH): UBSH stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is down 8.1% today.
- American Express Company (AXP): AXP stock is down 4.5% today.
- First Cash Financial Services (FCFS): FCFS stock is down 4.0% today.
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is down 3.5% today.
- Banco Latinoamericano De Comercio (BLX): BLX stock is down 3.5% today.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is down 2.5% today.
- The Travelers Companies Inc (TRV): TRV stock is down 2.5% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 2.6% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is down 2.9% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is down 2.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.