Financial stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Mercury General Corp (MCY): MCY stock is up 1.8% today.
- Bank of The Ozarks (OZRK): OZRK stock is up 1.6% today.
- CME Group Inc (CME): CME stock is up 1.6% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is up 1.4% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is up 1.3% today.
- Axis Capital Holdings (AXS): AXS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Partnerre Ltd (PRE): PRE stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Renaissancere Holdings Ltd (RNR): RNR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Firstmerit Corp (FMER): FMER stock is up 1.2% today.
- Tekla Healthcare Investors (HQH): HQH stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is down 2.7% today.
- Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI): TCBI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Cohn & Steers Inc (CNS): CNS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Stifel Financial Corp (SF): SF stock is down 1.3% today.
- Hudson City Bancorp (HCBK): HCBK stock is down 1.3% today.
- Cohen & Steers Quality Income Realty Fund Inc (RQI): RQI stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Metlife Inc (MET): MET stock is down 1.2% today.
- Bok Financial Corp (BOKF): BOKF stock is down 1.2% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 1.1% today.
- Fbl Financial Group (FFG): FFG stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.