Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.9%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.1% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is up 4.5% today.
- Radian Group Inc (RDN): RDN stock is up 4.4% today.
- SLM Corp (SLM): SLM stock is up 3.0% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 2.8% today.
- American Equity Investment Life (AEL): AEL stock is up 2.2% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is up 2.3% today.
- White Mountains Insurance Group (WTM): WTM stock is up 2.1% today.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Chemical Financial Corp (CHFC): CHFC stock is up 3.1% today.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 1.7% today.
- Banco Latinoamericano De Comercio (BLX): BLX stock is down 2.6% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 1.6% today.
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LYG): LYG stock is down 0.8% today.
- Aegon Nv (AEG): AEG stock is down 1.0% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is down 0.7% today.
- Comerica Inc (CMA): CMA stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.