Financial stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.4% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 increased 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Noah Holdings Ltd (NOAH): NOAH stock is up 5.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- General Electric Company (GE): GE stock is up 2.9% today.
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is up 2.7% today.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is up 1.8% today.
- Bok Financial Corp (BOKF): BOKF stock is up 1.6% today.
- Unumprovident Corp (UNM): UNM stock is up 1.5% today.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is up 1.4% today.
- TD Ameritrade Holding Corp (AMTD): AMTD stock is up 1.4% today.
- Symetra Financial Corp (SYA): SYA stock is up 1.4% today.
- Affiliated Managers Group (AMG): AMG stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Ameriprise Financial Services (AMP): AMP stock is down 2.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Prologis Inc (PLD): PLD stock is down 2.6% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is down 1.8% today.
- First Cash Financial Services (FCFS): FCFS stock is down 1.8% today.
- MSCI Inc (MSCI): MSCI stock is down 1.7% today.
- Apollo Investment Corp (AINV): AINV stock is down 1.6% today.
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is down 1.6% today.
- Cohen & Steers Quality Income Realty Fund Inc (RQI): RQI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is down 1.6% today.
- Rli Corp (RLI): RLI stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.