Financial stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.4%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 rose 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Bank of The Ozarks (OZRK): OZRK stock is up 2.3% today.
- Maiden Hldgs Ltd (MHLD): MHLD stock is up 2.5% today.
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is up 3.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Washington Federal (WAFD): WAFD stock is up 1.7% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 1.4% today.
- Discover Financial Services (DFS): DFS stock is up 1.7% today.
- Boston Private Financial Holdings (BPFH): BPFH stock is up 3.3% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is up 1.4% today.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is down 5.4% today.
- Lpl Investment Holdings Inc (LPLA): LPLA stock is down 3.0% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is down 2.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 2.5% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- China Life Insurance Company Limited (LFC): LFC stock is down 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is down 1.5% today.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is down 1.3% today.
- Hdfc Bank Limited (HDB): HDB stock is down 0.9% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.