Healthcare stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.7%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.8% and the S&P 500 increased 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Charles River Laboratories Intl (CRL): CRL stock is up 1.1% today.
- Mednax Inc (MD): MD stock is up 1.0% today.
- Baxter International Inc (BAX): BAX stock is up 0.9% today.
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is up 0.7% today.
- Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK): GSK stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Medtronic Inc (MDT): MDT stock is up 0.6% today.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (LH): LH stock is up 0.5% today.
- Novartis Ag (NVS): NVS stock is up 0.5% today.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc (DGX): DGX stock is up 0.4% today.
- Mckesson Corp (MCK): MCK stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Emergent Biosolutions (EBS): EBS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY): BMY stock is down 0.4% today.
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.