Healthcare stocks advanced 0.6% on Wall Street so far on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.9% higher, the Nasdaq rose 1.1% and the S&P 500 increased 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Momenta Pharmaceuticals (MNTA): MNTA stock is up 4.1% today and up 20.4% in the last month.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is up 4.1% today.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is up 2.4% today.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is up 1.7% today.
- Abbvie Inc. Common Stock (ABBV): ABBV stock is up 2.0% today.
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is up 2.2% today.
- Thoratec Corp (THOR): THOR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Haemonetics Corp (HAE): HAE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Icu Medical (ICUI): ICUI stock is up 1.5% today.
- Merck & Company (MRK): MRK stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Ziopharm Oncology Inc (ZIOP): ZIOP stock is down 5.3% today.
- The Medicines Company (MDCO): MDCO stock is down 6.6% today.
- Bluebird Bio Inc (BLUE): BLUE stock is down 5.0% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 4.5% today.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (RDY): RDY stock is down 2.8% today.
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC): ANAC stock is down 2.4% today.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is down 2.0% today.
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN): MYGN stock is down 1.9% today.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is down 1.9% today.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.