Healthcare stocks rose 0.8% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.3%, the Nasdaq was up 0.8% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is up 4.7% today.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is up 4.0% today.
- Repligen Corp (RGEN): RGEN stock is up 3.7% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is up 3.5% today.
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc (BKD): BKD stock is up 3.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Parexel International Corp (PRXL): PRXL stock is up 3.4% today.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is up 3.3% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 3.1% today.
- Amag Pharmaceuticals (AMAG): AMAG stock is up 3.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is down 0.6% today.
- Merck & Company (MRK): MRK stock is down 0.5% today.
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is down 0.5% today.
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is down 0.2% today.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is down 0.2% today.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO): TMO stock is down 0.2% today.
- Davita Healthcare Partners Inc (DVA): DVA stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.