Healthcare stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.4% and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is up 2.6% today.
- Haemonetics Corp (HAE): HAE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is up 1.6% today.
- West Pharmaceutical Services (WST): WST stock is up 1.4% today.
- Smith & Nephew Snats (SNN): SNN stock is up 1.2% today.
- Owens & Minor (OMI): OMI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is up 0.9% today.
- Teleflex Inc (TFX): TFX stock is up 0.9% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is up 0.9% today.
- Cambrex Corp (CBM): CBM stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Ziopharm Oncology Inc (ZIOP): ZIOP stock is down 3.5% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 2.8% today.
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX): KERX stock is down 2.7% today.
- Bluebird Bio Inc (BLUE): BLUE stock is down 2.7% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 2.6% today.
- Zeltiq Aesthetics Inc (ZLTQ): ZLTQ stock is down 2.1% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is down 2.0% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is down 1.9% today.
- Techne Corp (TECH): TECH stock is down 1.8% today.
- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Inc (MACK): MACK stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.