Services stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.1%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 fell 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Omnicare (OCR): OCR stock is up 5.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment (PEI): PEI stock is up 3.6% today on 5 times normal volume.
- HFF Inc (HF): HF stock is up 2.7% today.
- New Oriental Education & Technology Group (EDU): EDU stock is up 2.6% today.
- Tractor Supply Company (TSCO): TSCO stock is up 2.6% today.
- Gannett Co. (GCI): GCI stock is up 2.4% today.
- Sotheby’s Holdings (BID): BID stock is up 2.4% today.
- J2 Global Communications Inc (JCOM): JCOM stock is up 1.9% today.
- ABM Industries Incorporated (ABM): ABM stock is up 1.8% today.
- Nielsen Holdings N.V. (NLSN): NLSN stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Metaldyne Performance Group Inc (MPG): MPG stock is down 2.7% today.
- Advanced Drainage Systems Inc. (WMS): WMS stock is down 2.5% today.
- Mattress Firm Holding Corp (MFRM): MFRM stock is down 2.4% today.
- Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD): SHLD stock is down 2.2% today.
- Lithia Motors (LAD): LAD stock is down 1.9% today.
- Trueblue Inc (TBI): TBI stock is down 1.8% today.
- Textainer Group Holdings (TGH): TGH stock is down 1.7% today.
- Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Inc (RBA): RBA stock is down 1.7% today.
- Boyd Gaming Corp (BYD): BYD stock is down 1.7% today.
- Groupon Inc (GRPN): GRPN stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.