Technology stocks finished up 1.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.9%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.5% and the S&P 500 was up 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Knowles Corporation Common Stoc (KN): KN stock is up 3.6% today.
- Web.Com Group Inc (WWWW): WWWW stock is up 3.5% today.
- Hewlett-Packard Company (HPQ): HPQ stock is up 2.7% today.
- MTS Systems Corp (MTSC): MTSC stock is up 2.6% today.
- Lg Display Co. Limited American (LPL): LPL stock is up 2.5% today.
- Belden Inc (BDC): BDC stock is up 2.5% today.
- Integrated Device Technology (IDTI): IDTI stock is up 2.4% today.
- Benchmark Electronics (BHE): BHE stock is up 2.4% today.
- Pegasystems Inc (PEGA): PEGA stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- The Descartes Systems Group Inc (DSGX): DSGX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Vmware Inc (VMW): VMW stock is down 0.9% today.
- Pandora Media Inc (P): P stock is down 0.9% today.
- Energizer Holdings (ENR): ENR stock is down 0.8% today.
- Open Text Corp (OTEX): OTEX stock is down 0.7% today.
- Vishay Intertechnology (VSH): VSH stock is down 0.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Canon Inc (CAJ): CAJ stock is down 0.6% today.
- Ebix Inc (EBIX): EBIX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Nvidia Corp (NVDA): NVDA stock is down 0.5% today.
- Wesco International (WCC): WCC stock is down 0.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.