Technology stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq rose 0.5% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Verifone Systems (PAY): PAY stock is up 3.6% today.
- Demandware Inc (DWRE): DWRE stock is up 4.1% today.
- Mindray Medical International Limited (MR): MR stock is up 3.1% today.
- Youku.Com Inc (YOKU): YOKU stock is up 2.3% today.
- Bitauto Holdings Limited (BITA): BITA stock is up 1.8% today.
- Juniper Networks (JNPR): JNPR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Interxion Holding N.V. (INXN): INXN stock is up 2.3% today.
- Knowles Corporation Common Stoc (KN): KN stock is up 2.2% today.
- Netsuite Inc (N): N stock is up 1.8% today.
- Salesforce.Com Inc (CRM): CRM stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Au Optronics Corp (AUO): AUO stock is down 4.9% today.
- Lg Display Co. Limited American (LPL): LPL stock is down 3.6% today.
- Harris Corp (HRS): HRS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Corning Inc (GLW): GLW stock is down 1.2% today.
- ADT Corp (ADT): ADT stock is down 1.0% today.
- Emerson Electric Company (EMR): EMR stock is down 1.1% today.
- Nidec Corp (NJ): NJ stock is down 0.9% today.
- Belden Inc (BDC): BDC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Avnet Inc (AVT): AVT stock is down 1.0% today.
- Avx Corp (AVX): AVX stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.