Technology stocks advanced 0.4% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.6%, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.6% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Veeco Instruments Inc (VECO): VECO stock is up 2.8% today.
- Alcatel Lucent (ALU): ALU stock is up 2.9% today.
- United Microelectronics Corp (UMC): UMC stock is up 2.9% today.
- Azz Inc (AZZ): AZZ stock is up 3.4% today.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd (QIHU): QIHU stock is up 3.1% today.
- Lexmark International (LXK): LXK stock is up 2.9% today.
- Tivo Inc (TIVO): TIVO stock is up 2.1% today.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM): TSM stock is up 2.5% today.
- Canon Inc (CAJ): CAJ stock is up 2.4% today.
- Ambarella Inc (AMBA): AMBA stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Spectrum Brands Holdings (SPB): SPB stock is down 1.9% today.
- Synnex Corp (SNX): SNX stock is down 1.3% today.
- Imperva Inc (IMPV): IMPV stock is down 1.0% today.
- Vmware Inc (VMW): VMW stock is down 1.4% today.
- Acuity Brands Inc (AYI): AYI stock is down 1.2% today.
- Garmin Ltd (GRMN): GRMN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Accelerate Diagnostics Inc (AXDX): AXDX stock is down 1.5% today.
- Soufun Holdings (SFUN): SFUN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Advantest Corporation Ads (ATE): ATE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Avx Corp (AVX): AVX stock is down 0.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.