Technology stocks advanced 0.4% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.6%, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.6% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Veeco Instruments Inc (VECO): VECO stock is up 2.8% today.
- Alcatel Lucent (ALU): ALU stock is up 2.9% today.
- United Microelectronics Corp (UMC): UMC stock is up 2.9% today.
- Azz Inc (AZZ): AZZ stock is up 3.4% today.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd (QIHU): QIHU stock is up 3.1% today.
- Lexmark International (LXK): LXK stock is up 2.9% today.
- Tivo Inc (TIVO): TIVO stock is up 2.1% today.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM): TSM stock is up 2.5% today.
- Canon Inc (CAJ): CAJ stock is up 2.4% today.
- Ambarella Inc (AMBA): AMBA stock is up 2.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Spectrum Brands Holdings (SPB): SPB stock is down 1.9% today.
- Synnex Corp (SNX): SNX stock is down 1.3% today.
- Imperva Inc (IMPV): IMPV stock is down 1.0% today.
- Vmware Inc (VMW): VMW stock is down 1.4% today.
- Acuity Brands Inc (AYI): AYI stock is down 1.2% today.
- Garmin Ltd (GRMN): GRMN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Accelerate Diagnostics Inc (AXDX): AXDX stock is down 1.5% today.
- Soufun Holdings (SFUN): SFUN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Advantest Corporation Ads (ATE): ATE stock is down 1.0% today.
- Avx Corp (AVX): AVX stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.