Transportation stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.3% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is up 3.2% today.
- Costamare Inc (CMRE): CMRE stock is up 2.3% today.
- Kirby Corp (KEX): KEX stock is up 2.1% today.
- Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL): ODFL stock is up 1.1% today.
- Landstar System (LSTR): LSTR stock is up 1.0% today.
- Air Methods Corp (AIRM): AIRM stock is up 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Copa Holdings S.A. (CPA): CPA stock is up 0.8% today.
- Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings (AAWW): AAWW stock is up 0.7% today.
- Con-Way Inc (CNW): CNW stock is up 0.7% today.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Centro (OMAB): OMAB stock is down 1.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII): HII stock is down 0.5% today.
- Wabtec Corp (WAB): WAB stock is down 0.3% today.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is down 0.3% today.
- Alexander and Baldwin Inc (ALEX): ALEX stock is down 0.2% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is down 0.2% today.
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.