Transportation stocks rose 0.7% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.8% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is up 2.1% today.
- Uti Worldwide Inc (UTIW): UTIW stock is up 1.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Knight Transportation (KNX): KNX stock is up 1.8% today.
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT): JBHT stock is up 1.7% today.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is up 1.7% today.
- Werner Enterprises (WERN): WERN stock is up 0.9% today.
- Air Methods Corp (AIRM): AIRM stock is up 0.9% today.
- Costamare Inc (CMRE): CMRE stock is up 0.8% today.
- Amerco (UHAL): UHAL stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Grupo Aeroportuario Del Centro (OMAB): OMAB stock is down 0.6% today.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII): HII stock is down 0.4% today.
- Con-Way Inc (CNW): CNW stock is down 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Norfolk Southern Corp (NSC): NSC stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.