Transportation stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.4% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Teekay Lng Partners L.P. (TGP): TGP stock is up 5.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Navios Maritime Partners LP (NMM): NMM stock is up 1.0% today.
- Forward Air Corp (FWRD): FWRD stock is up 0.8% today.
- CSX Corp (CSX): CSX stock is up 0.6% today.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII): HII stock is up 0.4% today.
- Nordic American Tanker Shipping Limited (NAT): NAT stock is up 0.4% today.
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is up 0.3% today.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company Trust (MIC): MIC stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is down 1.4% today.
- Golar Lng Limited (GLNG): GLNG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Air Methods Corp (AIRM): AIRM stock is down 0.6% today.
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services (JBHT): JBHT stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Union Pacific Corp (UNP): UNP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is down 0.5% today.
- Expeditors International of Washington (EXPD): EXPD stock is down 0.4% today.
- Knight Transportation (KNX): KNX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Canadian National Railway Company (CNI): CNI stock is down 0.4% today.
- Amerco (UHAL): UHAL stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.