Transportation stocks finished up 0.5% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.4% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is up 4.7% today on 6 times normal volume.
- Uti Worldwide Inc (UTIW): UTIW stock is up 3.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Copa Holdings S.A. (CPA): CPA stock is up 1.3% today.
- Kansas City Southern (KSU): KSU stock is up 1.0% today.
- Navios Maritime Partners LP (NMM): NMM stock is up 0.9% today.
- Express-1 Expedited Solutions (XPO): XPO stock is up 0.7% today.
- Werner Enterprises (WERN): WERN stock is up 0.7% today.
- Fedex Corp (FDX): FDX stock is up 0.6% today.
- C.H. Robinson Worldwide (CHRW): CHRW stock is up 0.6% today.
- Forward Air Corp (FWRD): FWRD stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes S.A. (GOL): GOL stock is down 2.2% today.
- Nordic American Tanker Shipping Limited (NAT): NAT stock is down 1.3% today.
- Air Methods Corp (AIRM): AIRM stock is down 1.1% today.
- Greenbrier Companies (GBX): GBX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Swift Transportation Company (SWFT): SWFT stock is down 0.7% today.
- Landstar System (LSTR): LSTR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Old Dominion Freight Line (ODFL): ODFL stock is down 0.3% today.
- Amerco (UHAL): UHAL stock is down 0.3% today.
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is down 0.2% today.
- Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings (AAWW): AAWW stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.