Utilities stocks advanced 0.2% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 fell 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is up 1.3% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 1.5% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is up 0.9% today.
- TCP Pipelines (TCP): TCP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 2.2% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is up 1.3% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is up 1.5% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is up 1.4% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is up 1.1% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 4.2% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 0.7% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 0.4% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is down 0.2% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is down 0.4% today.
- National Grid Transco Plc (NGG): NGG stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.