Utilities stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 1.1% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is up 0.9% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Sempra Energy (SRE): SRE stock is up 0.7% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is up 0.5% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 0.4% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 4.3% today.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is down 1.4% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 1.1% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is down 1.1% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.