Utilities stocks finished up 0.2% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.4%, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 increased 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is up 1.5% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is up 1.3% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is up 1.2% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is up 1.0% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is up 0.9% today.
- Empire District Electric Company (EDE): EDE stock is up 0.9% today.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is down 0.6% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is down 0.4% today.
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED): ED stock is down 0.3% today.
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is down 0.3% today.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is down 0.3% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is down 0.2% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is down 0.2% today.
- NiSource Inc (NI): NI stock is down 0.2% today.
- Ameren Corp (AEE): AEE stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.