Utilities stocks finished down on Wall Street on Wednesday, down 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.3%, the Nasdaq was up 0.8% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 2.0% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Piedmont Natural Gas Company (PNY): PNY stock is up 0.6% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 0.6% today.
- PPL Corp (PPL): PPL stock is up 0.4% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is up 0.4% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is up 0.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is up 0.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Laclede Group (LG): LG stock is up 0.3% today.
- Uil Holdings Corp (UIL): UIL stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is down 2.2% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is down 0.8% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is down 0.7% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is down 0.6% today.
- Scana Corp (SCG): SCG stock is down 0.5% today.
- Duke Energy Corp (DUK): DUK stock is down 0.5% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.