Basic materials stocks declined 0.6% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.9%, the Nasdaq was down 1.2% and the S&P 500 declined 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Celanese Corp (CE): CE stock is up 12.0% today.
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is up 5.3% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 2.8% today.
- Royal Gold (RGLD): RGLD stock is up 1.9% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 2.0% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 2.3% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 2.0% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 1.5% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 1.7% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is down 4.2% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 3.2% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 2.9% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 2.8% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 2.8% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 2.0% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 2.4% today.
- Leucadia National Corp (LUK): LUK stock is down 2.4% today.
- Carlisle Companies Inc (CSL): CSL stock is down 2.2% today.
- Nucor Corp (NUE): NUE stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.