Basic materials stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is up 2.1% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 2.0% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is up 1.8% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 1.5% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is up 1.5% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 1.3% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is up 1.3% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is up 1.2% today.
- Bemis Company (BMS): BMS stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Mueller Industries (MLI): MLI stock is down 1.5% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 1.3% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is down 1.2% today.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG): SMG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is down 1.2% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is down 0.9% today.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS): RS stock is down 0.8% today.
- DOW Chemical Company (DOW): DOW stock is down 0.7% today.
- Matthews International Corp (MATW): MATW stock is down 0.7% today.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.