Basic materials stocks finished up 0.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.9%, the Nasdaq climbed 1.5% and the S&P 500 rose 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is up 2.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is up 2.7% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 2.7% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is up 2.2% today.
- Nucor Corp (NUE): NUE stock is up 2.1% today.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is up 2.0% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is up 1.8% today.
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company (DD): DD stock is up 1.8% today.
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is up 1.8% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 0.9% today.
- Mosaic Company (MOS): MOS stock is down 0.7% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 0.6% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 0.6% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is down 0.6% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is down 0.4% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.