Basic materials stocks finished up 0.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.8% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is up 2.4% today.
- Ball Corp (BLL): BLL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Huntsman Corp (HUN): HUN stock is up 1.6% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is up 1.3% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is up 1.3% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 1.3% today.
- Sonoco Products Company (SON): SON stock is up 1.2% today.
- Nucor Corp (NUE): NUE stock is up 1.2% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is up 1.2% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- RPM International Inc (RPM): RPM stock is down 1.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 1.7% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 1.7% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 1.6% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 1.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is down 1.0% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 0.8% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is down 0.8% today.
- Quaker Chemical Corp (KWR): KWR stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.