Basic materials stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.4%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.6% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is up 3.4% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is up 2.0% today.
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is up 1.9% today.
- Bemis Company (BMS): BMS stock is up 1.7% today.
- H. B. Fuller Company (FUL): FUL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is up 1.3% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is up 1.0% today.
- PPG Industries (PPG): PPG stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 2.7% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 2.0% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 1.7% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is down 1.7% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 1.7% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is down 1.5% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 1.2% today.
- Kaiser Aluminum Corp (KALU): KALU stock is down 1.2% today.
- Plum Creek Timber Company (PCL): PCL stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.