Basic materials stocks fell on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, down 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.5%, the Nasdaq was down 0.8% and the S&P 500 fell 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is up 13.2% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 7.3% today and up 34.6% in the last month.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is up 3.3% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 4.2% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 3.8% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 3.6% today.
- Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): CMP stock is up 3.1% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is up 3.5% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 3.5% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 3.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is down 4.3% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 4.0% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 3.0% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 1.8% today.
- Crane Company (CR): CR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Lsb Industries Inc (LXU): LXU stock is down 1.2% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is down 0.7% today.
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is down 1.0% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.