Basic materials stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.3% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 15.8% today and up 32.6% in the last month.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is up 4.4% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 5.0% today and up 35.7% in the last month.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 4.6% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is up 4.3% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 4.0% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 4.2% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 4.2% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 3.5% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 3.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is down 5.6% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is down 2.6% today.
- Bemis Company (BMS): BMS stock is down 1.3% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 0.4% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 1.1% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is down 0.2% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is down 0.9% today.
- Carlisle Companies Inc (CSL): CSL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): WY stock is down 0.4% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is down 0.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.