Basic materials stocks advanced 0.3% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.6%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 4.8% today and up 22.4% in the last month.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is up 4.4% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 4.3% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is up 3.0% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is up 2.7% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 2.6% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 2.4% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is up 2.2% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 2.6% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 3.0% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 2.2% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is down 2.0% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 0.8% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 2.2% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is down 1.2% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 1.2% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 1.1% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is down 1.1% today.
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.