Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.1%, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 fell 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is up 2.4% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 0.6% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 0.6% today and up 27.0% in the last month.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is up 0.4% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 0.4% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 0.6% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 8.3% today.
- Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): CMP stock is down 5.8% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 4.7% today.
- Silgan Holdings (SLGN): SLGN stock is down 4.6% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 4.3% today.
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is down 4.1% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 2.7% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 2.7% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 2.5% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.