Basic materials stocks finished up 0.8% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.4% higher and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is up 2.0% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 1.6% today.
- International Paper Company (IP): IP stock is up 1.5% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): WY stock is up 1.5% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is up 1.5% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is up 1.5% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 1.5% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 1.5% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Newmarket Corp (NEU): NEU stock is down 1.7% today.
- Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT): SXT stock is down 1.7% today.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is down 1.6% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 1.4% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is down 1.2% today.
- PPG Industries (PPG): PPG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 1.1% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.