Basic materials stocks declined 0.7% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Valspar Corp (VAL): VAL stock is up 1.7% today.
- Berry Plastics Group Inc (BERY): BERY stock is up 1.2% today.
- Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT): SXT stock is up 0.7% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is up 0.7% today.
- RPM International Inc (RPM): RPM stock is up 0.7% today.
- W.R. Grace & Company (GRA): GRA stock is up 0.6% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 0.5% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 0.5% today.
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is up 0.4% today.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is down 3.3% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 3.1% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is down 2.3% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 2.1% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is down 2.1% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 2.0% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is down 2.0% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 1.9% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 1.8% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.