Basic materials stocks rose 0.6% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq was up 1.1% and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 10.0% today and up 27.7% in the last month.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 8.2% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 5.7% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is up 4.9% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 3.1% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is up 3.3% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 3.8% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is up 3.2% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 3.0% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 2.6% today and up 33.9% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is down 5.5% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is down 3.9% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 2.1% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 2.6% today.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is down 1.3% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is down 0.9% today.
- Crane Company (CR): CR stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.