Capital goods stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.3%, the Nasdaq was up 0.8% and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Apogee Enterprises (APOG): APOG stock is up 2.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is up 1.8% today.
- Headwaters Inc (HW): HW stock is up 1.5% today.
- KBR Inc (KBR): KBR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Pultegroup (PHM): PHM stock is up 1.4% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is up 1.3% today.
- NVR Inc (NVR): NVR stock is up 1.3% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is up 1.3% today.
- Esterline Technologies Corp (ESL): ESL stock is up 1.1% today.
- USG Corp (USG): USG stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is down 2.8% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is down 0.8% today.
- Deere & Company (DE): DE stock is down 0.7% today.
- Thor Industries (THO): THO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Tutor Perini Corp (TPC): TPC stock is down 0.6% today.
- Graco Inc (GGG): GGG stock is down 0.4% today.
- Simon Property Group (SPG): SPG stock is down 0.4% today.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is down 0.4% today.
- Toro Company (TTC): TTC stock is down 0.4% today.
- Barnes Group (B): B stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.