Capital goods stocks advanced 0.4% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.4%, the Nasdaq increased 0.2% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.4% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Chart Industries (GTLS): GTLS stock is up 3.4% today.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is up 3.2% today.
- Thor Industries (THO): THO stock is up 2.0% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is up 2.1% today.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is up 2.0% today.
- John Bean Technologies Corp (JBT): JBT stock is up 2.4% today.
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is up 1.7% today.
- Itt Industries (ITT): ITT stock is up 1.7% today.
- Sensata Technologies Holding N.V. (ST): ST stock is up 1.4% today.
- Harsco Corp (HSC): HSC stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- AAR Corp (AIR): AIR stock is down 2.1% today.
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI): CBI stock is down 0.3% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is down 0.2% today.
- NVR Inc (NVR): NVR stock is down 0.3% today.
- Toro Company (TTC): TTC stock is down 0.2% today.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is down 0.1% today.
- Eagle Materials Inc (EXP): EXP stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.