Capital goods stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.2%, the Nasdaq increased 0.6% and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Jacobs Engineering Group Inc (JEC): JEC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Flir Systems (FLIR): FLIR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Zebra Technologies Corp (ZBRA): ZBRA stock is up 1.2% today.
- Granite Construction Inc (GVA): GVA stock is up 0.9% today.
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is up 0.9% today.
- Quanta Services (PWR): PWR stock is up 0.8% today.
- Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN): BECN stock is up 0.7% today.
- Transdigm Group Inc (TDG): TDG stock is up 0.6% today.
- Martin Marietta Materials (MLM): MLM stock is up 0.6% today.
- Ingersoll-Rand Plc (Ireland) (IR): IR stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Astronics Corp (ATRO): ATRO stock is down 1.3% today.
- Regal-Beloit Corp (RBC): RBC stock is down 1.1% today.
- Gencorp Inc (GY): GY stock is down 0.9% today.
- Forest City Ent Cl A (FCE.A): FCE.A stock is down 0.9% today.
- Kennametal Inc (KMT): KMT stock is down 0.9% today.
- Mastec Inc (MTZ): MTZ stock is down 0.8% today.
- Heico Corp (HEI): HEI stock is down 0.8% today.
- Graco Inc (GGG): GGG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V. Sponsored (CX): CX stock is down 0.7% today.
- Lennox International (LII): LII stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.