Consumer cyclical stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.3%, the Nasdaq rose 0.4% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Irobot Corp (IRBT): IRBT stock is up 5.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Johnson Controls (JCI): JCI stock is up 3.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Columbia Sportswear Company (COLM): COLM stock is up 2.7% today.
- Honda Motor Company (HMC): HMC stock is up 1.8% today.
- Wolverine World Wide (WWW): WWW stock is up 1.5% today.
- Hanesbrands Inc (HBI): HBI stock is up 1.3% today.
- Harley-Davidson Inc (HOG): HOG stock is up 1.3% today.
- Nike Inc (NKE): NKE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Brunswick Corp (BC): BC stock is up 0.9% today.
- Oxford Industries (OXM): OXM stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Select Comfort Corp (SCSS): SCSS stock is down 1.5% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Dorman Products (DORM): DORM stock is down 1.1% today.
- Iconix Brand Group (ICON): ICON stock is down 1.0% today and down 21.9% in the last month.
- Allison Transmission Holdings (ALSN): ALSN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Company (CTB): CTB stock is down 0.9% today.
- Federal-Mogul Corp (FDML): FDML stock is down 0.8% today.
- Gentex Corp (GNTX): GNTX stock is down 0.8% today.
- Gentherm Inc (THRM): THRM stock is down 0.6% today.
- Leggett & Platt Inc (LEG): LEG stock is down 0.5% today.
- Navistar International Corp (NAV): NAV stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.