Consumer cyclical stocks rose 1.1% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq increased 1.0% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Steven Madden (SHOO): SHOO stock is up 9.5% today.
- Dunkin’ Brands Group Inc (DNKN): DNKN stock is up 3.3% today.
- Sony Corp (SNE): SNE stock is up 2.0% today.
- Whirlpool Corp (WHR): WHR stock is up 1.6% today.
- Federal-Mogul Corp (FDML): FDML stock is up 0.9% today.
- Skechers U.S.A. (SKX): SKX stock is up 0.9% today and up 21.0% in the last month.
- Harley-Davidson Inc (HOG): HOG stock is up 1.1% today.
- Shutterfly (SFLY): SFLY stock is up 0.7% today.
- Wolverine World Wide (WWW): WWW stock is up 0.9% today.
- Snap-On Inc (SNA): SNA stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer cyclical stocks include:
- Hanesbrands Inc (HBI): HBI stock is down 3.9% today.
- Jarden Corp (JAH): JAH stock is down 2.5% today.
- Hon Industries Inc (HNI): HNI stock is down 2.0% today.
- Johnson Controls (JCI): JCI stock is down 1.4% today.
- Oxford Industries (OXM): OXM stock is down 0.4% today.
- Polaris Industries Inc (PII): PII stock is down 1.6% today.
- Lear Corp (LEA): LEA stock is down 1.7% today.
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Company (CTB): CTB stock is down 0.9% today.
- La-Z-Boy Inc (LZB): LZB stock is down 0.9% today.
- Pool Corp (POOL): POOL stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.