Energy stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.3%, the Nasdaq fell 0.2% and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Genesis Energy L.P. (GEL): GEL stock is up 2.8% today.
- Unit Corp (UNT): UNT stock is up 2.5% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is up 2.4% today.
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is up 2.2% today.
- Hess Corp (HES): HES stock is up 2.0% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is up 2.0% today.
- Plains All American Pipeline L.P. (PAA): PAA stock is up 2.0% today.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is up 1.7% today.
- Eqt Corp (EQT): EQT stock is up 1.6% today.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is up 1.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Ross Group Plc (RGP): RGP stock is down 1.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is down 1.2% today.
- Enbridge Energy L.P. (EEP): EEP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is down 0.9% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is down 0.8% today.
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is down 0.6% today.
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is down 0.6% today.
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is down 0.5% today.
- Imperial Oil Limited (IMO): IMO stock is down 0.5% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.