Energy stocks rose 0.6% on Wall Street so far on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 7.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 3.8% today and up 33.5% in the last month.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is up 4.0% today and up 31.2% in the last month.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 3.7% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 2.6% today.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is up 3.7% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is up 3.3% today.
- Teekay Offshore Partners L.P. (TOO): TOO stock is up 3.2% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 2.1% today.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is down 1.1% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is down 2.6% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is down 0.4% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 1.8% today.
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): SWN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is down 0.1% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is down 1.1% today.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is down 0.2% today.
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.